• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good Richmond, VA Mechanic

harrup

CEG'er
Anyone know a mechanic in Richmond, VA who is good with Contours?

My experience has been most hate to work on them. I have 2 6cyl ones, 95 & 2000.

Just general maintenance. I have 2 cyl contours--95 & 2000. I love the way the cars drive but they are old enought to need a lot of maintenance. I am just tired of mechanics telling me I am crazy to keep the old cars.

General mechanics do not seem to like contours at all & they definitely have a low regard for Fords in general.

can you do any miantenance yourself? It's rewarding, frustrating at times and cheaper. So long as you don't mess up anything. Maybe we could have a mod meet at your place. It'd be a nice drive down 301 for some of us too.

Left off the fact that both cars are 6cyl in previous email.

I'm a 60 year old female. Am I crazy to keep driving these 2 cars. 95 has 151,000 & 2000 a little over 100,000.

i live in louisa virginia....have worked a good little bit on the contours....i replaced head gaskets on one when i worked at the ford dealership in louisa and i replaced my transmission by myself in my car about 2 years ago....what do you need done...im sure i could lend a hand....i am deployed in iraq right now but will be gettin home in the next month or so....

Left off the fact that both cars are 6cyl in previous email.

I'm a 60 year old female. Am I crazy to keep driving these 2 cars. 95 has 151,000 & 2000 a little over 100,000.

Not crazy at all. And there is no reason at all that you shouldn't be able to do things to your cars to keep them going. Unless you don't want to deal with anything at all anymore or health.

As was stated earlier, what kind of work do you need done? I'm not above driving to Richmond (there's a few places I want to go down that way to pick up things anyway) Cook some lunch and I'll work all day for free. :laugh:

.... I am just tired of mechanics telling me I am crazy to keep the old cars.

General mechanics do not seem to like contours at all & they definitely have a low regard for Fords in general.

LOL. My mechanic loves my Ford Contour. Keeps him employed. And he knows that if I buy a new car, I will most certainly only send to the dealer for maintenance and repairs.

check with DanG, he did my engine swap and is very good with contours. he lives in gainsville, VA though. so i dont' know how far away that would be for you..

Back