• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Good Parts Prices and/or dealer service somewhere?

CART99

New CEG'er
My '99 SVT is in need of several replacement parts. I was going to take it to a dealer, but I know if I do I'll get hammered on the parts costs. So, is there either a) a local Ford service center that won't hammer me on parts $$$ or b) a place to buy parts (either locally or internet) that I can get good prices?

I really don't have the time to research aftermarket options, and I won't be keeping the car much longer, so I'd prefer to stick with OEM.

Here is what I need:

1. new spark plugs - definitely
2. new plug wires - probably
3. new front struts - definitely
4. new rear shocks - probably
5. new rear wheel bearings - probably
6. new trunk lifts - would be nice

Any help would be appreciated!

Oh, where I live I am about 10-15 miles from Leesburg VA, Frederick MD, and Charles Town, WV if that helps.

Last edited:
Plugs, wires, and the trunk struts can definitely all be gotten at a local auto store (Advance, Autozone, etc.). Not sure if they could order the wheel bearings or not but you might as well ask. Struts you'll have to order unless you go to the dealer depending on what kind you want.

Plugs, wires, and the trunk struts can definitely all be gotten at a local auto store (Advance, Autozone, etc.). Not sure if they could order the wheel bearings or not but you might as well ask. Struts you'll have to order unless you go to the dealer depending on what kind you want.

Agreed, however, you may source a good set of trunk lifts from a local junkyard. Check ebay and the classifieds for good used struts/shocks if you are amenable to that idea.

Back