• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Getting pissed off never yields good things.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
So I was trying to fix an annoying exhaust leak...after 2 hours of trying to solve the problem I let it get the best of me.

Yep...it's illegal...and funny all at the same time. Guess I don't need to worry about my leaf springs hitting it.
Photo0137.jpg

I'm not worried about it right now. It'll work till I can get around to having the tail pipe actually welded. On top of that, the hanger welded to the pipe that has that awful rubber piece on it wasn't even connected to the pipe anymore. Technically...it will pass inspection since my friend usually does it. :laugh:

But like I said...I won't have to worry about it interfering with my leaf spring anymore. :laugh:

Oh, and I also solved a problem with a mysterious clicking sound. Apparently a line for my EVAP canister came undone from a fitting and would smack off the front drive shaft and then bounce off the floor board. :crazy:

Photo0133.jpg

i lost a muffler off an old work beater back in the day...leaving the exhaust exiting under the car like that. in my particular case though, exhaust fumes were working their way back into the car because i was getting dizzy/nauseous driving it around. the worst part was it was the dead of winter...so, driving around with all the windows down sucked ass.

Glenn, that looks exactly like the setup we did on my wife's old truck, LOL. She drove it for 2 years like that. Toyata V-6 + glasspack = < I AM Iron man Ivan Stewart!!!!!>:laugh:

Back