• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Geez, the SHiat never ends with dash..

jsujo

CEG'er
I just got the call from the guy installing the dash warp fix kit...the plastic underneath the dash where the rivets are supposed to anchor is f'd up as well....

He has to add a metal brace of some kind...not a terrible thing, but the extra time will cost me...has this happened to anyone?

I just removed one and it didn't have any bracing behind the plastic grill. I couln't even pull the plastic one out......

That does sound a little fishy. I would go to the shop and ask him to show you why he needs to do that

I did go to the shop....the plastic had cracks in that area were the rivets were supposed to attach to...no way that plastic would hold rivets with the degree of warpage. In any event, I just decided to buy a new dash and have the kit installed on it, so it doesnt warp after 3 days of summer heat./

I did go to the shop....the plastic had cracks in that area were the rivets were supposed to attach to...no way that plastic would hold rivets with the degree of warpage. In any event, I just decided to buy a new dash and have the kit installed on it, so it doesnt warp after 3 days of summer heat./
Sounds like you have a better plan now than before!

How much did you end up paying for a new dash?

I don't want to know the answer to that one. LOL! I have a tan dash and there are a ton in the yards.

Back