• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

GB: Door Sill Plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoopaCooga

Veteran CEG'er
The Interest Check (IC) went well! We have worked out the details and have 10 buyers. I want to give everybody else a chance to get in on this.

What you get: Aluminum door sill plates for all four doors. Fronts will be 25" x 1.75" and rears will be 9" x 1.75". Grooves running the length of the plates are each 1/4" wide. You choose 2 or 3 grooves.
You also get: Custom etching is free! Some folks are getting their build numbers while others are choosing Something Valuable Too. ;)
How much: Since this is a new product, Autovation is offering the complete set of plates for just $100 shipped. After this GB you can order them through their website for $140 before shipping.

These door sill plates are being manufactured by Autovation, a company through whom we have previously ordered aluminum racing pedals. [If you also want pedals or a heel guard, see the old GB thread to figure out what you want and then PM me.]

Last but not least, pictures of the product! [The black squares hide some custom etching.]

SPMAMI1DS.jpg

50.jpg

50.jpg

List of Buyers

List of Buyers

You are welcome to add yourself to this list if you will be able to pay by Halloween.

1. Chas - 3 grooves satin - etch: Popular logo on front only
2. brapple - 2 grooves - satin - etch: SeVT-T (in SVT style font) (front only)
3. brapple - 2 grooves - satin - etch: that popular CEG Logo (front only)
4. CSVT#49 - 3 grooves - satin (popular logo in front only)
5. hotdimmes - 2 grooves - satin no etch
6. fcsvt1 - 2 grooves - satin (w/build #4579)
7. ft.worthsvt- 2 grooves- satin (w/build #851)
8. SVT Loki - 2 grooves - satin (w/build# 3963)
9. tsSVT - 2grooves - satin - build#332
10.Silver Bullet - 3 grooves satin, no etch block, grooves full length of sills

EDIT: Here's how to order:

Autovation said:
Gary, everyone can order the door sills directly from our website and use coupon code "Contour.Org" to receive the $54 group buy discount. It is OK for everyone to submit payment at this time. They can select the number of grooves from the website form, but they must let me know which design (if any) that they would like. For the engraving requests, please have each customer e-mail me directly with their request after ordering. We will ship out after we get the confirmed fitment.

Before the money is collected, I need someone to "test fit" a prototype. I am waiting to hear back from Autovation concerning what the prototype looks like so it can be matched to someone's order.

Before the money is collected, I need someone to "test fit" a prototype. I am waiting to hear back from Autovation concerning what the prototype looks like so it can be matched to someone's order.

Well since I gave you the measurements I suppose I own it to you to prove they are correct ;) Let me know.

Ditto here also for a "test fit" beta.

Mine are without etching so no delays for font sizing and etch contents. And Autovation in SC so makes shipping a little quicker also.

Ordering Information

Ordering Information

Autovation is now taking orders! See below for instructions. Orders will be shipped once fitment is confirmed by Hotdimmes, since he's the only person to request the standard look.

Autovation said:
Gary, everyone can order the door sills directly from our website and use coupon code "Contour.Org" to receive the $54 group buy discount. It is OK for everyone to submit payment at this time. They can select the number of grooves from the website form, but they must let me know which design (if any) that they would like. For the engraving requests, please have each customer e-mail me directly with their request after ordering. We will ship out after we get the confirmed fitment.

I don't see an option for the finish. is the only option the matte finished as the picture shows? I noted that everyone wanted the matte finish...

I sent them an email. I asked if that was the finish that was pictures and that I wanted it to match my pedals I already have.

the matte finished pictured will match the matte pedals is what I was told.

Just placed my order guys. I'll be going to texas in a few days for a week or two, but I'll have my brother check out the fitment and whatnot when they get here and document with photos so you guys aren't left hanging :cool:

so should we hold off on ordering until the test fit is confirmed or go ahead? doesn't matter to me if I just go ahead and pay now or alittle later.

so should we hold off on ordering until the test fit is confirmed or go ahead? doesn't matter to me if I just go ahead and pay now or alittle later.

that's up to you. they are taking orders, but as Hotdimmes said, they won't ship anything out until fitment has been confirmed. i'll be sure to post the "Last Call" for orders when the time comes.

Autovation informed me via email yesterday that my door sills will ship this Wednesday. I am the 3 groove test and they asked me for immediate feedback on the fit. But fitwise exactly the same as 2 groove sills so if good should release production for all orders.

So I'm hoping to have them by Friday but might roll to next week. I'll post here how they fit and look as well and get photos up also.

And somebody asked before. Yes they come pre-applied with 3M adhesive tape on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back