• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FS: For Sale: 1998.5 SVT Contour $550.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornerSpeed

New CEG'er
  • Price Reduced to $550
  • Madison, WI
  • Original Owner
  • Body is in decent shape with door dings and rust at the sills/rockers as shown
  • SVT wheels are in fair shape. No scrapes dings, but the finish is crazing
  • Michelin (MXV4) tires have decent life left
  • Interior is in very good shape as shown in the pictures
  • 126,056 miles
  • Upgrades
    • Borla Stainless Catback exhaust
    • Koni Adjustable Struts with camber caster adjust mounts
    • Eibach sportline lowering springs
    • SVT Focus front brake rotors, calipers and pads
  • Recent Parts Replaced - receipts included for the following
    • Flywheel and clutch assembly replaced by Ford dealer at 120,624 miles
    • Right Front Hub Assembly and Wheel Bearing Replaced by Ford dealer at 120,201 miles
    • Alternator replaced by Ford dealer at 117,760 miles
    • Shifter cable assembly replaced at Ford dealer at 113,844 miles
    • Replaced sensor bank one and exhaust gas- oxygen sensor at Ford dealer at 96,820 miles
  • What is wrong?
    • Bad Engine Knock - Hard cornering when the engine oil was not topped off caused oil starvation and resulted in engine knocking at 126,055 miles
    • The Ford dealer did not check the oil for metal or bronze, but was sure it was a bad lifter or two. The Ford dealer replaced ALL of the lifters with brand new ones. Engine knocking was still present. They finally checked the oil and found bronze and I assume it is from a damaged rod bearing. The engine runs, but knocks badly and likely needs road bearing replacement
  • Radio antennae does not raise and lower

Attachments

• photo15127.jpg
    photo15127.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15128.jpg
    photo15128.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15134.jpg
    photo15134.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15135.jpg
    photo15135.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo15136.jpg
    photo15136.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot manage to get the prefix FS: For Sale to save. Any advice for this site neophyte is appreciated.

How long ago were the Koni shocks installed? Can you take a picture of one through the wheel well area so I can see how rusty they are? How long has the car been sitting, I've seen this listed on and off for maybe 6 months at least. Thank you.

No Title

The Konis were installed back in 2005 region. So as you can see from the pic they have corroded. But they work as good as they day I installed them. The car has been sitting for over two years since the engine was hurt.I was going to rebuild it, but never made the time.

Attachments

• photo15242.JPG
    photo15242.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back