• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Found out why my SVT sounds so muscular

unpolire

CEG'er
While I was having a missing exhaust hanger replaced, I got to peek under my SVT. Cats and O2 sensors are in place (CA smog legal) up front but from there I have 2 1/2" tubing snaking through the original center muffler position, branching to twin 2 1/2" pipes, terminating with a stainless Sebring Tuning muffler at each outlet. Sounds great ripping up to redline and not much drone at freeway speeds, quiet off-throttle. Any idea how much horsepower this modification gains? With the K&N air filter and free-flowing (relatively) exhaust, this seems very suitable for areas where smog compliance is mandatory. We have roadside testers that remotely sniff your exhaust as you drive by, so no "test pipes" allowed!

I had to read your post twice to make sure my old eyes could absorb it. It sounds if the person before you had the resonator removed. At first the sounds is a bit raspy, but mellows after time and it does not effect the smog test.

Back