• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"Ford Muscle" event this Saturday, May 12 in Irvine

JimD

CEG'er
Hey, Guys...

Just got a call from my friends at Ford... this is a limited invitation to fellow SVT Contour owners for a casual get-together from 7:00 a.m. until about 9:30 a.m. this Saturday, May 12, 2007.

Participation is free, but coffee, pastries and hot breakfast items will be available for purchase.

For all of you lazy bums who didn't show up to Knott's with me and Richard, this is your opportunity to redeem yourselves!

If you'd like to participate with your SVT Contour (or some other bonafide "Ford Muscle" car), please either PM me post below with what you're bringing (or thinking of bringing) and I'll provide more info as I get it.

I can neither confirm nor deny....

Oh, alright... it is Cars & Coffee at PAG, but they don't want the place filled-up with Mustangs... though it'd be great to see you in your SVT Cobra or Contour.

Keep it on the low-down to the Mustang crowd, though it might be nice to see a few Lightnings.

Certainly there is room for spectator parking as well, especially for those who aren't committed to 7:00 a.m. through 9:30, which is why the location is so good.

No burn-outs, revving or any other obnoxious behaviour, please.

Here's a map and some detailed info (ignore the date on the flyer): Cars & Coffee info

If someone's got a connection with the SHO guys, please pass the word.

hahahaha, you dont think the mustang crowd knows about it?? its posted on svtperformance.com there's already a nice sized sign up list for it. im #13 on the list. im sure its on other mustang boards as well. besides, it says Ford MUSCLE! :laugh:

ill be there at 7ish, but leaving at around 8 to head off to Galpin Ford where there is a HUGE Mustang cruise of about 150 or so stangs that will be cruising from there to santa monica.

For those of you who are not familiar with "Cars & Coffee" -- it is an offshoot of the old Crystal Cove meet that had dispanded. Cars & Coffee is organized by some very generous car guys who happen to be execs at Ford Motor Company and get up at 0-dark-thirty to prepare for this meet every Saturday. Always respect speed laws coming or going to ensure the future of this free and fun event.

This Saturday is the Ford Muscle event. Most every Saturday they will have a featured marque. Last Saturday they had 103 Ferraris.

Driving directions are below. Photos of past events can be seen here.

If you think you're coming, please RSVP in this thread; if you're last-minute and don't RSVP, that's fine, too -- come and have fun!

CarsandCoffee001.jpg

CarsandCoffee002.jpg

Last edited:
Back