• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For focus rs wheels

grahamb

CEG'er
I was just wonderinga about the fitment and if anyone has them i would like to see a pics the wheels are 18 x 8 +40 i think

I don't think they will fit without some serious fender flaring. A buddy of mine has some; If I get a chance I'll hold them up to my car and get a better idea.

I was just wonderinga about the fitment and if anyone has them i would like to see a pics the wheels are 18 x 8 +40 i think

Yes they fit. Assuming as far as fender flares go the Mondeo MK2 is no different then our cars. Here are some pictures a guy sent me a while back when I was looking into getting these wheels...

mondeofocusrswheels1jp0.png

mondeofocusrswheels2kw6.png

i think you might have just made my wheel choice for me i still would like to see pics of those on a US contour, Rara if your get a chance to test fit please,please , please lemme know the results

Wow, off subject, but comparing the Mondeo and Contour profiles in this thread, I realize why I prefer the Mondeo design.

My understanding is that a Ford USA design/marketing team modified the Mondeo design to fit the contoured theme. I dislike every change they made to that effect, particularly the upper and lower fender and quarter panels, especially by the wheels, and the removal of so many sharp angled lines. I like how the side moulding lines up with the the bumpers. I think I'd like the hatch.

Had Ford brought the Mondeo body design over as is, maintained the name, and marketed it as a European sports sedan with Mazda6-like models, they'd have had a hit, I think. Would have stolen a lot of vw, audi and bmw sales like it was supposed to and does in Europe. Which is how they started with the Focus....

Still, I like how the Contour looks, especially the SVT trim. Somehow it seems to look better and more distinct every year.

Back