• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fog light mod

Kremithefrog

Hard-core CEG'er
Umm think I did it right. Orange wire with the orange and black now I have no fogs at all. Anybody know off the top of your head what fuse is for the fogs? Or maybe what else I did wrong? I used a 3m connector but maybe it didnt cut into the smaller orange wire good enough..... someone can fix it for me at SZ if need be if they can I guess, but the lower dash panel thing won't/can't come off very easy (previous owner I guess got 2 of the bolts past the plastic, can't get a socket on em) so someone with smaller hands would be needed.

I guess ill take a look at it. I jus did the fog mod myself and worked great. R u sure you put the white box with 4 prongs back on it? I took mine off so i wouldnt trip a fuse be for i did anything else.

EDIT The fuse # is R22

Last edited:
Yeah I took relay is on. I'll check the fuse tomorrow. I may not have gotten a good splice or something, we'll see. I used a 3m connector but with one wire being a lot smaller and not having much room to get my hands back in there, I can't be positive it's got a good connection. I also had the car running because it was 90 degrees out and I wanted the ac on so maybe the fuse blew.

Back