• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Focus SVT Rims issues?

CanSVT

CEG'er
Just about togo pick up a set of FSVT rims as such:
# 4-lug, 108mm bolt circle
# 5.94" backspacing
# 49mm offset
# 17" x 7" wide

these are the stock Focus SVT rims, love the look and they share the same bolt pattern withthe contour (a bastard of one that it is).

Question is - any known issues with putting them on a SVT? Offset seems quite high?

Any infomraiotn would be great, did a few searches and came up withvery little.

cheers!

Um, there are so many people running FSVT rims here, it's not even funny, probably more than people running CSVT rims.

No problems at all.

aye - not so much issues as fitment / astetics. I remember reading a comment about them not looking right without spacers or such. If no issues, all is well :)

thanks

yeah,they fit fine...but look really funny w/out spacers. they sit inside the wheel well too much.

they are fine. no spacers here:

l_3b18cda7cbaebddeb78c38ad28b73747.jpg

l_dbd5465f3721fb01f5429f9929ff8993.jpg

Yeah, they work fine. You might be thinking of my post from last weekend when I put mine on and a few people suggested spacers. I actually looked up the offset of the CSVT and FSVT wheels last night and according to what I found, the FSVT is 49mm and the CSVT is actually 49.5mm. I am contemplating some spacers for mine for looks, but they are not needed. Here is a picture of my car on FSVTs and stock suspension-
102_1571.jpg

102_1583.jpg

Spacers are not needed, but they don't look "aggressive" until they have them.

49mm offset is not really my thing. 42mm is perfect for our cars IMO, and it's what I've run on all my aftermarket wheels.

agree w/tony. if you look at the car from the back,personally i like the wheels to sit flush w/the fenders. fsvt,and even out stockers sit insided too much for my tastes:shrug:

Thank you folks! just picked them up yesterday and will be throwing them on once I can get them re-balanced as the previous owner had the wieghts put on the outside of them rim :shrug:

I got a VERY good price on the rims as they have quite a bit of rash on the lips (how folks hit curbs so much is beyond me). I probably would have passed them up if they did not have brand new rubber on them and I did not love the look so much!

Where I am in canada they are hard to find unless ordered new from FORD.

Spacers are not needed, but they don't look "aggressive" until they have them.
That's the #1 thing that bugs me about most contours.. even mine sometimes..

never thought about getting spacers. gotta look into this :crazy:

I'm not running spacers on mine but I need them to put the Bear brake kit on. I think they look real nice.

Back