• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Focus ST 320mm brakes on a mondeo

percybigun

CEG'er
just thought i'd post up pics of this brake upgrade which fits the mondeo (so should fit straight on your contours etc)

the caliper brackets off the focus, meant they bolted straight onto the mondeo hub. i had to drill the disks to be 4-stud though.

i'm not sure if the new Focus ST is available in USA? its the 2.5litre 5 cylinder turbo model. not to be confused with the old Focus SVT (which only had the 300mm front brakes)

anyway the FST brake kits normally go for around £150 GBP (for pads, disks, calipers & brackets) second hand on ebay UK.

the caliper is only single piston, and is the same size piston as the old Focus SVT but the caliper is much bigger. i had the SVT brakes before and they were good, but stopping power is much better with these. one of the pics shows the comparison in size between the FST caliper and the FSVT caliper.

Attachments

• brakes1.jpg
    brakes1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • brakes2.jpg
    brakes2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
  • brakes3.jpg
    brakes3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0
  • brakes4.jpg
    brakes4.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 0
  • brakes5.jpg
    brakes5.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
No Focus ST here. We are still using the old C170 platform for the Focus. The new euro Focus (and ST) are based on the C1 platform, which only comes here in the Mazda and Volvo versions so far.

No Focus ST here. We are still using the old C170 platform for the Focus. The new euro Focus (and ST) are based on the C1 platform, which only comes here in the Mazda and Volvo versions so far.
We do have a focus St here, but it's not the same as the euro ST. It's still based on the old platform, has the 2.3L, and doesn't have that large of rotors.

We do have a focus St here, but it's not the same as the euro ST. It's still based on the old platform, has the 2.3L, and doesn't have that large of rotors.

The US Focus ST ended in 2007, and was nothing close to any version of the Focus ST available in europe.

We are still using the old C170 platform for the Focus. The new euro Focus (and ST) are based on the C1 platform, which only comes here in the Mazda and Volvo versions so far.

Thankfully thats changing. Ford shot themselves in the foot by not bringing it over and citing the price difference as the reason.

you might be able to find a UK ebay seller who will ship to the US.

i've had a look and there is none on ebay UK at the moment (apart from a single caliper) but normally a couple of sets come on ebay per month. its a quick cheap easy upgrade for not alot of dosh. i paid the same for the old 300mm SVT setup.

the other thing i forgot to mention is they need minimum 17" wheels to fit. and the stock brake hoses fit straight into them.

Back