• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Flasher relay? Do we have one?

teamSVTour

Hard-core CEG'er
Not trying to seem like a total freakin' newb here but I'm doing a lot of LED work and I want to eliminate the hyper-flashing during turnsignals. I'd rather not wire in one of those diode things for each bulb. I'd rather replace the flasher relay with one that is for LED and fix the problem with a simple plug and play relay

I looked in the manual but did not see one specifically marked for flasher. Do the 98+'s have one?

Im not sure if this is the relay that you are looking for, but I just had my turn signal stalk apart, and there is a relay that is attached to the base of the turn signal unit.

Again, Im not sure if that is the right part that you are looking for, but it is the relay for the turn signals.

Not trying to seem like a total freakin' newb here but I'm doing a lot of LED work and I want to eliminate the hyper-flashing during turnsignals. I'd rather not wire in one of those diode things for each bulb. I'd rather replace the flasher relay with one that is for LED and fix the problem with a simple plug and play relay

I looked in the manual but did not see one specifically marked for flasher. Do the 98+'s have one?

Um yeah their is one somewhere however not a traditional one. my 98 explorer has a yellow one under the dash for turn signals looks like a regular relay. have your read through your manuals to find it?

I read through the fuse box pages that are limited to the box under the dash and under the hood.

Now that it was mentioned I do remember a relay on the turn-signal stock...can anyone confirm if that is indeed it and the one I need to switch out with the LED relay?

As stated the flasher relay/module (whatever you want to call it) is attached to the turn signal stalk. You have to take the column apart.

As stated the flasher relay/module (whatever you want to call it) is attached to the turn signal stalk. You have to take the column apart.

Thanks chief ;)

Is there one or two relays on the stock? For some reason I am thinking there is more than one. If not it makes it easy.

Has anyone swapped this out and can confirm this will stop the hyper-flashing?

i don't want to dick around with wiring in resistors if just swapping out the flasher relay with an LED one will fix the hyper-flashing

i don't want to dick around with wiring in resistors if just swapping out the flasher relay with an LED one will fix the hyper-flashing

I don't think that you're going to find one. I had the fast flashing when I got my 3L, so I replaced the flasher module with the heaviest duty one that would fit and it did nothing. Then my GF was driving behind me and told me I had rear small, well defined dots for tail lights, so sure enough they were the LED bulds. I swapped them out for normal bulbs, fixed the problem, and never looked back.

The turn signal flasher is located on the steering column under the turn signal stalk. it can be replaced with one designed for LEDs from autolumination.com. you should need an EP35 i believe (should double check).

Link for the flashers from autolumination.com
http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

The turn signal flasher is located on the steering column under the turn signal stalk. it can be replaced with one designed for LEDs from autolumination.com. you should need an EP35 i believe (should double check).

Link for the flashers from autolumination.com
http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

Awesome thanks for the clarification...I thought I was on the right track.

Do you have one of these installed? How does it work for you?

So this relay should prevent all hyper-flashing at all 4 corners right?

Awesome thanks for the clarification...I thought I was on the right track.

Do you have one of these installed? How does it work for you?

So this relay should prevent all hyper-flashing at all 4 corners right?
i dont have one installed as i dont have LED corner lights. however i trust autolumination when it comes to LEDs. i get all of my pre-made LED bulbs from them.

yes, its supposed to prevent hyper flashing no matter what combination of LEDs or halogen bulbs you use.

Back