• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

first auto-x advice?

A diff swap is a HORRIBLE job, but SO worth it, if you can take your time with it.

It's a good idea to do a LSD with a flywheel and clutch. That way you can get three things done while you have the gearbox out. You might as well replace the syncros and shift forks while you have the gearbox out too. Then you can put it all back together and you'll know that your weekends worth of work is going to be well worth it in the long run. Oh yeah. Don't forget to replac the axle seals too. This is part of the reason why my awd project is takeing so long. I'm pretty much replaceing the everything. I'll get it done eventually.

It's a good idea to do a LSD with a flywheel and clutch. That way you can get three things done while you have the gearbox out. You might as well replace the syncros and shift forks while you have the gearbox out too. Then you can put it all back together and you'll know that your weekends worth of work is going to be well worth it in the long run. Oh yeah. Don't forget to replac the axle seals too. This is part of the reason why my awd project is takeing so long. I'm pretty much replaceing the everything. I'll get it done eventually.

DEFINITELY do axle seals. They're like 3$ a piece and you might as well replace them while everything is apart.

Back