• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Final results are here we hit our marker.....

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
The goal was to hit the 275whp with the kit and we exceeded it too. Now let me explain what is on this setup and the dyno runs it corresponds too. I have a 88k motor with 180 compression so in my eyes the motor is tired but still average. We are running the 24# injectors stock motor stock TB and MAf. We also have stock precat manifolds on the car with the T3/T4 57 trim .63 AR. I did two boost levels on the stage 1 intercooler the very first run was on stock spring at 7.5 psi and the second run was 9 psi on the smaller FMIC. I should have turned up the boost to 10 psi but the boost drop was higher on the top rpms. So the stage 1 with the base FMIC will do 255whp to 265whp on 9 psi which is the 2nd run.

Now I took five minutes swap the FMIC since I had the bumper off already and the 3rd run was at 7.5 psi and you will see no difference in power or torque so anyone wanting to run 7.5- 8 psi everyday will see no gains on changing to larger FMIC. BUt on the 4th run I ran 9 psi on the larger FMIC and gained 10whp with just the flip of the switch and larger FMIC. I have a dual boost controller with a flip switch so that there is no error on boost levels since I never touched the controller manually. So the larger FMIC breaths up top real nice for you guy who want to hit higher boost levels. Now the 5th run I went under the hood and turned up the boost to 10 psi for the larger FMIC and we added 8whp with 1 pis increase. So we made 280whp uncorrected with the Ai temps were 84 F and the 35% humidty and SAE the hardest correction we did 272whp at 10 psi. So add some MSDS headers and fine tune the car you can see more power if you are willing to push your motor. This is the safe tune we are using with your car we did not fine tune the car we ran 11.8 all the way to 10.5 at redline on AF
uncorrecteddyno2.5.jpg

correcteddyno2.5.jpg

Last edited:
Those are very good numbers. Very impressive for a stock engine. So basically, to get this straight, the base stage 1 kit which produced 255whp is $2800 and then the price goes up from there. Is that correct?

262whp is what it did today on stage 1 kit so if you just upgrade the fmic for $100 then you can make 280whp or more effortlessly. so for $2925 you can exceed what I did with some finetuning

Wow... Very nice...
When you are going to dyno a stage 2 kit? Or you simply will swap a 3L into the car and add headers?

The 3 liter is in the back of my truck right now I will build the stage 1 kits I have now for our paying customers and by the time I have it completed the 3 liter will have it heads converted and done. I am not going to run the car anymore the setup is coming out the car. The 3 liter will have the larger FMIC and we will see how far the 24# will go anf MAF then we will swap the injectors and MAF to go to the 350 whp along with the headers too. Thanks Guys I will try to put up the video tomorrow.

I've been very excited to see this! We are very pleased to see both our predictions come out very close to real life because it tells us we are on the right track. Nothing like a little validation for all that hard work! :cool:

2.5L guys enjoy, 3L guys your time is coming.

man I wish there was a complete turbo setup that put down these type of #'s for my car...

very nice

man I wish there was a complete turbo setup that put down these type of #'s for my car...

very nice

I used to own a 2005 Ion, there is tons of room for a turbo kit.
After I finish the Volvo kit we might be interested in doing a saturn Ion kit IF there were enough people available. I know that SCT has just released GM cars in the flash tuning too.
go to www.sctflash.com for more details.

After I finish the Volvo kit we might be interested in doing a saturn Ion kit IF there were enough people available. I know that SCT has just released GM cars in the flash tuning too.
go to www.sctflash.com for more details.

oh believe me I am aware...there is enough interest and if not with the Ion crowd alone certainly with the Ion/Cobalt community combined. Right now the only thing we have on the market is 5th injector setups with piggybacks and thats really not my preference. :shrug:

we are still waiting for an "official" release from SCT but if you wanna jump into the market after you're done here let me know and I can spread the word.

I'm getting tired of filling bottles :laugh:

oh believe me I am aware...there is enough interest and if not with the Ion crowd alone certainly with the Ion/Cobalt community combined. Right now the only thing we have on the market is 5th injector setups with piggybacks and thats really not my preference. :shrug:

we are still waiting for an "official" release from SCT but if you wanna jump into the market after you're done here let me know and I can spread the word.

I'm getting tired of filling bottles :laugh:

Ions/Cobalts are plentiful, you can bet that we are interested in the market but we would need to finish the two kits we are doing now, then we have Mazda6, Lincoln LS on our 'Target List'. This means that we have to evaluate the potential for each of these cars. I personally think there would be much better market for the Ion/Cobalt series as at least there is already and aftermarket following for them. If the Ion/Cobalt SCT tuning software becomes a reality then you can bet we will follow up with it.

Also, would be willing to do "one-off" kits for specific car owners if we have the time and an agreement can be reached.

Ions/Cobalts are plentiful, you can bet that we are interested in the market but we would need to finish the two kits we are doing now, then we have Mazda6, Lincoln LS on our 'Target List'. This means that we have to evaluate the potential for each of these cars. I personally think there would be much better market for the Ion/Cobalt series as at least there is already and aftermarket following for them. If the Ion/Cobalt SCT tuning software becomes a reality then you can bet we will follow up with it.

this is great to hear...hopefully SCT wont disappoint like HPT did.

I'm definitely considering going FI just not comfortable with our current tuning solutions.

well guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Back