• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Favor - Inspect/Test Drive a car for me? - Fond du Lac, WI

SHOgoFast

Hard-core CEG'er
Wisconsin CEG'ers. I was wondering if anyone is near enough to Fond du Lac and would be willing to go take a look, inspect, test drive a vehicle for me? If someone can/would be willing to do so, please PM me.

I'm 2.5hrs away and finding 5+ hrs with a brand new baby for an initial inspection/test drive is proving to be a challenge.

Vehicle in question would be a new Explorer.

Last edited:
Holy cripes man! Congrats.

I might be able to tomorrow around 11-1ish.

What's the address?

Thank you for the congrats gentleman. Multiple kids is nuts!

However, after some deeper digging, I will be passing on the 2011 Explorer in question and all 2011s in general. Apparently they go thru steering racks like contours go thru reman alternators. There is an open investigation with the NHTSA regarding the matter b/c they become very very difficult to steer, even at speed, when they fail. Not hydraulic units, some electcal assit involving magnets. Dunoo, but this will be the wife's daily driver and with the kiddos in tow most days, I'm not interested in the steering going out at highway speeds!

Thank you very much for the offer though.

No problem. That means I can spend more time at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch! :laugh:

Back