• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

failure of a 3.0L swap in houston....oh well

dablack

CEG'er
Ok guys. You can read my thread on the 3.0L forum about how I was putting a 3.0L into my 98 T-red CSVT. Well anyway, life happened and I don't have the time to finish is. I'm going to try to sell the car whole first and if that doesn't happen, I will have to part it out.

I just wanted to let the local people know in case they wanted to pick up a project or a GREAT parts car. I will also be listing the 04 taurus 3.0L and all the gaskets I bought for the intake swap. Hopefully one of you guys comes and gets all of it, finishes it and drives it. If not, it will die so that others might live.

thanks
Austin

This SVT will live! I will finish the 3.0L swap and bring it back to life.

My daughter should be happy. I plan to drive the car to Calif for Christmas and give it to her. I just made plans with her two weeks ago that I would drive my SVT, teach her to drive and have her take behind the wheel DMV test during the time I'm there. Now I'll surprise her and she'll take the test in her own SVT.

Yep, Silver Bullet was quick on the draw. He got down here, looked it over and pulled the trigger.

Yep I will give this my best shot. I'm shopping prices on engine hoist, stand, die grinder, impact wrench, etc. already and I haven't even picked up the car yet. haha

This will be a first ever engine pull for myself. I am somewhat mechanically inclined but lacking in the toolbox at the current moment. So instead of paying somebody ~$1000 to do swap I'll be spending 400-$500 in tools instead.

If not for all the knowledge, how-to's, tips and photos posted here on this site I would never have even considered attempting this.

I will be happy to give this car to my daughter when done also. Really want her first car to be a 5 speed. I think it will make her a more attentive driver, limiting cell phone use and stereo fidling, etc. Just hope I can make the Christmas deadline as my day job even consumes my weekends at times.

Back