• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Eyelids

SicSVT

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Has anyone on here used vinyl to make eyelids before? Would that be a good or bad idea?

Vinyl is a very popular way to do eyelids. Most on here just buy them for $20 from ParkedCar. He's a member here. You still have to trace and cut them yourself. Mine came out allright, but their not perfect. I found it to be a PITA, but I'm sure if I tried again, I could do a better job.

I ended up buying a set of brand new fiberglass eyelids from a member on here for about $40. As soon as it gets warmer, I'll remove the vinyl, and attach the fiberglass eyelids. They pop up in the classifieds from time to time. Right now there is group buy being set up for plastic eyelids. If I still needed some, I'd look into that.

http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?65726-Plastic-Eyelids

These are my vinyl eyelids.

ImportedPhotos00051.jpg

i had vinyl on my car for a while and then i swapped to silver carbon fiber.
i actually liked the vinyl better, i had it come further down the headlight than the CF ones.
they were fairly easy to do in vinyl, i used a piece of pinstriping tape to mark the bottom edge of where i wanted the eyelid to end. i think i used the second molded line in the headlight as a reference.
then i laid the vinyl over the headlight, used a sharp blade to cut along the pinstriping tape, then pulled off the eccess vinyl with the pinstriping tape.

Back