• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

exhaust tip question

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
I love the way my exhaust sounds (stock other than thrush glasspack instead on resonator). I just think it would look much better with some bigger tips to finish the look off.

2.25 inlet is the correct size right?

whats the consensus outlet size? I was thinking 4", or should I stay a little smaller with 3 or 3.5"? I thought there was a thread with picture but i cant find it anywhere.

one more thing: any recomended websites for cheap tips?

Cheap tips...= not an option. Look through ebay and see if you can find a deal. If not your looking for $40 for 2. decent cheap ones.

I'm a fan of the 3-3.5. Mostly 3 inch. 4" is screaming for attention imho.because they fill the holes to the max. :blackeye: I had them on my car for 1 month. :crazy:

Cheap tips...= not an option. Look through ebay and see if you can find a deal. If not your looking for $40 for 2. decent cheap ones.

I'm a fan of the 3-3.5. Mostly 3 inch. 4" is screaming for attention imho.because they fill the holes to the max. :blackeye: I had them on my car for 1 month. :crazy:

i've been looking at ebay, found some magnaflows for 35.00 each with make an offer and free shipping. I offered huim 55 for 2 so we'll see what he says.

I think i'm gonna try for some 3.5". I couldnt remember which looked best. thanks for the info

i also found these:
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Polished-Stainless-Exhaust-Tips/1270359/10002/-1

only 18 bucks a piece. they are stainless steel, so what exactly is the difference between these for 18 a piece and magnoflows for 35 a piece? If they are crap I'm not gonna waste my time, but then again i dont want to spend more than I have to

also, any idea what i'm gonna have to shell out to get them welded on?

i also found these:
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Polished-Stainless-Exhaust-Tips/1270359/10002/-1

only 18 bucks a piece. they are stainless steel, so what exactly is the difference between these for 18 a piece and magnoflows for 35 a piece? If they are crap I'm not gonna waste my time, but then again i dont want to spend more than I have to

also, any idea what i'm gonna have to shell out to get them welded on?
drive to New York and I'll do free:shrug::laugh:,,good luck with your project and post pics when done

Those magnaflow ones are the ones i was thinking of going with. There is a thread on here where someone has them on. Search exhaust tips i belive you will find it. There really the only bolt on option there is with the limited space due to the stock tips bending a few inches in. so anything over 5" in total lenght is out of the question.

Back