• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

exhaust question

jaycontoursvt

CEG'er
ok. so i actually looked and tried the search but no luck finding what exactly it is im looking for.

i took the car to the local exhaust shop the other day to get it up on a lift so i could see under and see what it was i had to work with.

from the looks of things im guessing there is no way to get true true dual exhaust as in 2 headers - 2cats - 2 end pipes, with no joining pieces?

but what it did look like was that it all comes down to 1 last cat. then a pipe back to the Y then to the 2 end pipes.

has anyone done just a single pipe back from the cat ending with or without a muffler.

or has anyone done just straight from the cat to a 1 side pipe no muffler?

yes true duals as you have discribed have been done.

also a SVT contour with a single exhaust would look dumb with one exhaust tip in the rear bumper.

yes people have gotten trubendz exhausts which are the same as stock but larger in diameter.

also having no muflers or resonators is most likely going to sounds like crap. take a listen to the posted exhaust clip videos.

ok. so i actually looked and tried the search but no luck finding what exactly it is im looking for.

i took the car to the local exhaust shop the other day to get it up on a lift so i could see under and see what it was i had to work with.

from the looks of things im guessing there is no way to get true true dual exhaust as in 2 headers - 2cats - 2 end pipes, with no joining pieces?
Yes it is possible. I have them.....along with ob1, demonsvt and black96se.

has anyone done just a single pipe back from the cat ending with or without a muffler.
Yes many have. Especially those people who has a regular svt. But why not just modify your stock svt exhaust?

or has anyone done just straight from the cat to a 1 side pipe no muffler?

Yes....again with people that have regular contours. Most people purchase trubendz exhaust systems. Or just modify their stock one.

I noticed a hole in one of my mufflers (i thought my recent resonator delete was causing a leak but it turned out not to be although there's a very small leak on one end anyway) today. I have to do an emissions test before september so I'm gonna try this muffler cement stuff and hopefully it'll work for now. I'm gonna get the emissions test done and then just get both mufflers replaced with straight pipes.

so effectively i'll have a real straight pipe set up after the cat :cool:

Back