• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine swap

wannabsvt

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I have a few questions if any one could help me out.Hopefully this is the right section to post in. I'm a new member but have gone through this site a million times it seems and have found everything i needed to know pretty much but i have a 2000 contour se atx 181,000 miles and recently some ******* t-boned me and my baby is done except for the drivetrain still runs like a champ.So i came across a 2002 cougar and need to know if the motor from my car will work in the coug.I know there essentially the same but cant find a 100% answer.I found out the trans wont work cause of the speedo or other reasons.Needless to say i cant find the info i need.I've taken the trans and motor out of my car before to replace the flexplate and oil pan gasket so im familiar with that process so if any one knows anything about this please let me know.I'd like to get another contour but cant find one i want so before you say TRADER im not i just can get a good deal on the coug so for now i need some wheels and at some point get a svt i can build up.Thanks Ceg

the motor itself is the same and swappable. However you will need to use all the accessories from the Cougar. This included the fuel injectors, etc. Otherwise mechanicals are the same.

Well thanks for the response BrApple.Unfortunatly the planets and the stars werent aligned today.Long story short im going to meet the owner and they text me and say they cant make it today.So i was almost there so i decided to go anyways to check it out again(it was at a garage) and im lookin at it and a women comes up to me and its the owner.so im like oh youre here and then she says im sorry i tried to get ahold of you(Lies) i have someone coming to look at it and there gonna give me more money>so like i said long story short they took it and i wasted all this time with this person when we already had the deal deal done.Go figure right.Idk but guess it wasnt meant to be.....Id rather have a contour anyways so maybe a nice fixer-upper svt is in my future.The search continues.................

Well thanks for the response BrApple.Unfortunatly the planets and the stars werent aligned today.Long story short im going to meet the owner and they text me and say they cant make it today.So i was almost there so i decided to go anyways to check it out again(it was at a garage) and im lookin at it and a women comes up to me and its the owner.so im like oh youre here and then she says im sorry i tried to get ahold of you(Lies) i have someone coming to look at it and there gonna give me more money>so like i said long story short they took it and i wasted all this time with this person when we already had the deal deal done.Go figure right.Idk but guess it wasnt meant to be.....Id rather have a contour anyways so maybe a nice fixer-upper svt is in my future.The search continues.................

That just means it wasn't ment to be! Find a used CSVT with a blown motor (I'm sure there are lots out there) I've blown 3 stock motors myself) then swap your goodies into it and be done... Good luck and I hope u find what ur looking for.

Back