• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale Energy Suspension Front stock SVT swaybar bushings and mounts

79mustang351w

Hard-core CEG'er
You are looking at a BRAND NEW set of Energy Suspension front SVT swaybar bushings and mounts (for stock size swaybar). These may or may not be a direct bolt on (depends on the swaybar stops.....not all swaybars have these stops mounted in the same exact spot...factory tolerances are never the same from one to the next it seems like. lol). The mounts may require some more slotting to get them to not bind against the swaybar stops (easily done using a die grinder to just open the slots up a little more). But they are a HUGE improvement in the feel of the car...really a night and day difference in the way the car reacts in corners. I already have these installed on my car, so no need for this set. $25 shipped obo. PM me for paypal address. Thanks for looking.

photobucket-5042-1356056454440.jpg

Last edited:
Heard from another member he bolted his straight on with no issues. I had to die grind the slots out a little bit to get them to not bind on the swaybar side to side stops when I put the other set I had on my car. But they make a world of difference! If you are looking for a great performance upgrade on the cheap...this is it.

To install these...you will need to support the engine cradle in the front with jackstands as well as jackstands under the back of the car (unless you own a lift). Then you need to place a jack under the rear roll restrictor...and take the rear engine cradle bolts out and drop the rear of the engine cradle some. This will allow you to get the bottom bolts out of the swaybay mounts (they come in contact with the frame where it buldges for the engine cradle mounts). After you get the bolts out and the old bushings and mounts out...it's a direct swap (like I said....maybe a little die grinding on the slots of these new mounts may be needed). Make sure to grease these poly bushings inside and the swaybar good before you button everything up so they dont sqeak. After that...Enjoy! I know I did on my car.

Like I said if you need installation help...please PM me. Thanks.

Thanks solo92s10. You beat me to it. lol. Stock front for the SVT is 19mm and the rear is 18mm.

GREAT upgrade. Just ask solo92s10....he also has these on his car. I have an identical set on my car now and love them.

Thanks solo92s10. You beat me to it. lol. Stock front for the SVT is 19mm and the rear is 18mm.

GREAT upgrade. Just ask solo92s10....he also has these on his car. I have an identical set on my car now and love them.

You can use these on the front? The front bushings are not flat on the surface, moree like a U shape exterior...

Not following you - these are shaped identical to stock. I was able to install them w/o taking a die grinder to the slots, as well. Bolted right in with the instructions provided 79mustang351w. World of difference in handling over OEM bushings. I now have these installed in both my '95 'Tour w/Zetec and MTX-75 and '98.5 CSVT front and back. Love the difference between OEM and poly.

I thought that the fronts were kind of shaped different throught the area where the bracket goes over the bushings. Maybe im wrong. Can you use the whole ES bushing and bracket? Id like a greasable style bushing. Ill be swapping my rear to a greasable too after the regular one making noise.

The non greasable bushing and mount work fine unmodified. I've used them on a eo and e1. You do need to lower the subframe slightly for installation. As for greasable, you wouldn't be able to get a grease gun on the grease zert without dropping the subframe so I say it's pointless anyway.

^^Yep. Greaseable ones are useless on the front...not enough space to get to the zerts. Unless maybe you get the 90 degree bent zerts, but idk for sure. These swap right in place on the front...just be sure your swaybar side to side stops dont bind the sides of the bushings like mine did. My cure...I ended up buying some nice aluminum shaft collars to replace the stock swaybar stops, powdercoated my swaybar red, and didnt have to die grind anything on the ES mounts. But these are direct replacements. They are no longer for sale though. Close this thread.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back