• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Emissions. Ugh.

Savior

CEG'er
So I was wondering if an SVT with a Magnaflow res and a Magnaflow Hi-Flow cat would pass a standard emissions (sniff) test? Any replies from Washington state would be particularly helpful!

Not sure how they check in WA but in Illinois all OBD II cars get checked via the test port. They use their version of a code reader and if there are no codes, or codes related to the emmision system then you pass, no test pipe up the exhaust. Older vihicles do get run on the rollers such as my 1988 Ford van.

you will need to check your local laws. Here in CT also they test via the OBDII port. There is only an visual inspection for the cats also, iirc. So the exhaust might not matter.

Here in Maine we have no emissions testing. Just an inspection that costs us $12.50 yearly. The OP specified a "sniffer" test. That would lead me to believe they put a sensor in the tailpipe. Kind of like they do before a dyno pull.

I live in Ca. My cougar passed with flying colors with the Maganaflo HiFlo cat and muffler no res. As long as everything is functioning correctly you should be fine.

Back