• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Elko Speedway ..Eve of Destruction?

CSVT1339

CEG'er
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone here goes to Elko for the Eve of Destruction events? I go to almost everyone each year. I also did the spectator drags in my focus svt, that was fun!
Thought it would be cool to get a group going sometime and maybe a couple of us in the spectator drags, I wanna run the csvt once fo fun.

its called drags cause its like one lap i think, it is fun, have run once, my buddy runs hornets up there and ill be up thyer alot this year, let me know when and ill be sure to put my name in the hat to do the drags, would be fun :)

i thought they had a spectator race around the whole oval? am i way off? I duno.
Yep buddy you got it. It is the whole oval, one lap,single eliminations. You beat the other car you move to next round. Till they get to the last 2 cars then best 2 outta 3. Pretty fun. The best part is when people scuff the wall in their nice street cars. Haha not nice I know but we all like carnage.

Ill be going with my son on the April 10th. Just to watch Eve of destruction not race this time. But if anyone wants to go watch and see what its like come along! You wont be disappointed! Hornets, cruisers( that's races where the passenger controls the brakes), school bus races,figure 8 races,monster trucks,spec drags, and sometimes drifting. Fun night!

correction, no cruisers this year. ill be up there, i crew cheif a hornet car lol. silly sounding i know. i wont have the cont up there though, gotta drive the truck and car trailer up there. might still take the cont though.....

^ close! Hahaha well the first one is tomorrow! Yay! I'll be there early to get a good seat, gonna swing over to u pull in rosemont on the way and see if I can get lucky and get to mystique lights.

Going up to Elko this Saturday. My wife is dragging me out there. I guess it's date night so it's $25 for two people and you get two beers and a popcorn.

Back