• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno runs... post 'em.

yeah we all are keeping in mind this is a mobile dyno we were on too.

they were having problems with the calibration on my runs because my MSD was putting out so much power that the RPM was jumping around, they had to change something to make it clean the graph up. the first run was actually 216 whp 215 trq according to CSVT#49 who watched the whole first pull on the computer. once they changed whatever they did it went to the 213/212 and cleaned up a bit. the second run actualy was running a bit weird on teh dyno because i sat there and heat soaked it while they messsed with the computer. either way i'm going to get it on a dyno here in MN because i want to get on a dyno and use that every time to most accurately document the improvements i get per change etc.

That is correct, I am going to order the 8lb spring today and get it re-dyno'd this or next weekend and see what 14psi really does for the car:laugh:

I would be careful. I am guessing there is a mbc in there somewhere and what it is set at might get you a different boost level when you go with the 8 lb spring over the 5 lbs spring. or at least it seems that way to me.

I would be careful. I am guessing there is a mbc in there somewhere and what it is set at might get you a different boost level when you go with the 8 lb spring over the 5 lbs spring. or at least it seems that way to me.

You think changing out the spring will change the mbc setting? Now I am getting nervous about changing the spring.

put the spring in and try it on your low boost setting. keep an eye on the boost and don't mash it right away. it'll be fine if your running the 8lb spring with the 8lb setting either way if it did increase it, you wouldnt be past your 14lb boost level and you could adjust it if you needed to at that point.

You think changing out the spring will change the mbc setting? Now I am getting nervous about changing the spring.

im not possitive but I believe it will increase you boost settings. my mbc took 4 full turns to get from 3.5 to 8 psi. so thats 4.5 psi in extra boost it was making. now with the 8 psi spring in the wastegate I would figure that if I left the mbc those 4 turns up that it would add the same amount of boost, but now to the base 8 psi in turn making near 13 psi. I know i don't want to run that high yet so its turned all the way down.

so if you have a 5 psi spring and have a mbc to get to your low setting of 8 and a high of 14, I think it would bump both of those up. but then again I don't know how your setup is, as it sounds like you have 2 mbc because you have your base 5 psi with no controllers at all, but you have a 8 and 14 psi setting, you would need two controllers to get that I believe, or at least from what I have seen from looking at staged boost controllers that are switch controlled.

so what would your suggestion be for him to get the full boost psi he wants out of the car when the wastegate spring is what is causing the psi to drop off?

so what would your suggestion be for him to get the full boost psi he wants out of the car when the wastegate spring is what is causing the psi to drop off?

I don't know, I don't know how its set up ... but it sounds like it more then just a single flip switch for a single stage boost controll.

how about what barge said once, use the gas pedal to control how much boost you get. ie if you want to run 14 put a 14 psi spring in the wastegate and use your right foot to control how much of that you use ...

Well Brapple is right, I talked to Joey and ordered the spring and I will start with the low setting and turn it all the way down, then 1 full turn at a time to get the 8psi, then I will do the high boost setting for the 14psi. It will take a few to get it right but its better than overboosting the car.

Back