• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dropping 99 SVT leather seats in my 96SE. A problem?

jborge

CEG'er
I have an of opportunity dropping leather seats and door panels from a 99 SVT into my 96 SE.

I have not picked up the seats yet. Be fore purchasing them will I have any problems installing them? At this point I would think it would just be a direct drop in.

Thanks for any comments.

Still got my tour mostly because of this site, and she is going strong.

The seats are black in color.
The only thing that bums me out a bit is that my car is black with grey interior. I am not sure what color leather a black SVT has. The SVT that the seats came from is red. With my grey interiorit might look kinda out of sync. I do have the option of ripping everything out and replacing all the greys with black. But what i job. So essentially I will have a full SVT interior. I have no idea what a dash replacement is involved. And did i not remember some where that dashes were glued on on certain years?

Thanks agian.

Get as much of the interior, including the dash, if you can. Mixing the different colors/materials might not look like you want when you are done.

I should have probably read through the "interior" folder before posting.

I have not seen any of the stuff yet, going over to look at it. Am I inheriting the warped dash syndrome from the 99 SVT dash? Is the new air vents compatible with the venting from my 96? And finally I have to look at the airbag compatibility.

In the meantime i will just keep reading here.

Thanks.

Back