• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Door Guards

casper

CEG'er
Can you still get these new from Ford or is there a easy way to re-attach them? On one of my doors it came all the way off on me.

Checkout a local body shop. They have specific very thin, and very sticky double sided foam tape for automotive. You can't get those guards new anymore. If you are feeling risky, you could remove all the door guards for a smooth look but remember that the car may have been repainted at some point and removing the guard will show an ugly transistion of color/clear :blackeye:.

Checkout a local body shop. They have specific very thin, and very sticky double sided foam tape for automotive. You can't get those guards new anymore. If you are feeling risky, you could remove all the door guards for a smooth look but remember that the car may have been repainted at some point and removing the guard will show an ugly transistion of color/clear :blackeye:.

Correction you can still get the 99 up door guards new. I found them at Cain Ford I believe is the dealership. There number is 7067782121 and the part number is YS9Z5420938BPTM. This was the info I was given by my Ford dealership about 3 weeks ago when I was looking for one.

^ holy cripes - that's great news. I guess you would have to get it painted to match, then stick it!

Back