• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Do I want a miata?

The Digital Slacker

Hard-core CEG'er
1993 C Package
146,000 miles
1.6L
5speed
black paint (that is just eh)
tan leather
Hard Dog roll cage
Yellow Konis adjustables
Two sets of OEM rims
gel battery
Stereo system (that isn't working currently)

Asking 2600.

Its grungy since an older guy owned it who had Parkinsons but i think it could clean up okay.

Thoughts?

You want to buy it, and an LS1...And everything you need to LS1 swap it. :laugh:

But seriously, if you can talk them down a bit on the price, then go for it. Miatas are fun little cars.

They are great handling cars, and finding a good condition for under 3 grand is hard to do.

If it starts, runs, rolls, and stops, I say throw him 2300 and see what he says.

How long ago where the Koni's put on??? How old are the tires? You may want to look up how to read tire production years, manufacturers were required to date tires since the year 2000. Plan on buying some good rubber if they are 4+ year old and have been sitting collecting dirty like the rest of the car!

He's got a standing offer of 2500 so can't go any lower then that. I'm going to be taking a look at it tomorrow i full detail.

I took it for a test drive and it was alright. I would need to get an OEM seatbelt since the guy swapped it out for some stupid lap belt.

Given its 1993, Take a GOOD luck under the car. anything from the northeast thats 10+ years old may need brake lines, fuel lines etc. Check the fuel filter + Lines( the casing will rust...) and ditto on the oil filter, but I doubt someone puts on Koni's and forgets to change the oil. Look along the under body to see if there are any irregular dents, etc. Just make sure it wasn't pitted into a wall or another car at one point! Look over weather seals as well.

Back