• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DMM HIDs Help

ub3rduck

CEG'er
I got my new Raptor HID kit today from DDM Tuning. Can't figure out the wiring though, the included instructions are slightly different from what I'm seeing. This is how I interpreted the wiring to be. Am I right and their bad, or am I just completely stupid?

hids029.jpg

I tried one side and I couldn't get it to light up. Tried both sides on the low beams and neither lit up. I want to make sure I have it right before I start messing with them, switching plugs around and everything. Hopefully I didn't blow it up already lol

hids030.jpg

Bulb looks fine?

You cant blow the ballast because they'll only get power one way. And be aware you may have to flip the plug over to get the polarity right if they dont turn on the first time.

You cant blow the ballast because they'll only get power one way. And be aware you may have to flip the plug over to get the polarity right if they dont turn on the first time.

Ah, I remember someone saying something about in a previous post. So just pull out the clips on the 9006 ballast connector and reverse them or should I switch the OEM harness attached to the car?

OH OH!!!!!! FLIP THE CONNECTOR !!!! I had the same issue!

the power one that plugs into the ballast. Plug it in backwards.

Ah, I remember someone saying something about in a previous post. So just pull out the clips on the 9006 ballast connector and reverse them or should I switch the OEM harness attached to the car?

Yup that was me. Flip the connector that used to plug into the bulb. It wont click in like it it "should" but it will still seal and be secure.

the bulbs will only plug in one way. and as everyone else said flip the connector that goes to the low beam harness over.

yep like everybody else said, I did the very same thing, and was like oh no do i have to return them already, then I remeber I had to flip it lol!!

I did did the same method in the explorer, to my suprise u plug it in the correct way lol

Sweet, after like 5 minutes of trying to get the pins out I realized I could just flip it, like everyone said. Got 'em working and they look awesome. Thanks for the help!

By the way why do you say you wired them wrong like in the first picture? I used the adapter wire as an extension so I could mount the ballasts faurther away.

I think he was just unsure. There is only one way for the DDM kits to plug together before you get them on the car.

Yea, I tried following the wires around and it made no sense whatsoever. I didn't realize it came with the adapters for the other bulbs so I was like wtf? I didn't think about using them to extend the ballast wire length. Prolly could have hid them better...

Took my first night drive with them tonight and man I love them. I didn't expect it to do anything for actual light output, I just liked the look. But now that I've actually had them on the freeway it's pretty nice to have them.

So far I like mine..hopefully I can get out when its totally dark and drive around and see how much better they are. I don't have bad glare etc from what I can tell so far.

UPDATE they passed the 2 year old playing in the front seat test! I was showing my dad the raptor setup and my daughter climbed in the front seat and started flipping the lights on and off. They survived that with no problems so I'm happy.

Last edited:
Back