• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Difference in E0/E1 exhausts?

96MystiqueGS

Veteran CEG'er
I've heard that due to a change in the shape of the gas tank an early 98 (E0) exhaust will not be an easy fit on an E1, is this correct?

I'm looking into a stock SVT exhaust from a possible E0 (no way to tell if the exhaust is "E0" or not as the car was manufactured right at the time the E1 was coming into production) and I have an E1 (99 SVT). Without any work, will this bolt up? I don't want to buy this to find out I need to spend more money to make it fit.

well yeah, they are not going to do it for free. I would thingk $60 would cover it. thats all it took to fix the fitment on my trubendz exhaust on the drivers side.

well yeah, they are not going to do it for free. I would thingk $60 would cover it. thats all it took to fix the fitment on my trubendz exhaust on the drivers side.
thats not too bad..i can get it welded and installed for around 60?
i will already have the pass side hanger

so your exhaust will not fit on my 98

Are you asking about the exhaust dtour has? I believe I have the title for that car if you need info from it... It was a E0 as far as I could tell. Ding gaurds, calipers, control arms, and wheels all said E0.

thats not too bad..i can get it welded and installed for around 60?
i will already have the pass side hanger

welded and installed, most liekly not but who knows. I had the exhaust installed already.

you can install the exhaust but it will hit the gas tank. install yourself and head right to the exhaust shop to have the exhaust modified to not hit the gas tank :shrug:

welded and installed, most liekly not but who knows. I had the exhaust installed already.

you can install the exhaust but it will hit the gas tank. install yourself and head right to the exhaust shop to have the exhaust modified to not hit the gas tank :shrug:

how can i install it after its cut up to ship? Use clamps?
Are you asking about the exhaust dtour has? I believe I have the title for that car if you need info from it... It was a E0 as far as I could tell. Ding gaurds, calipers, control arms, and wheels all said E0.
No he hasnt really gotten back to me at all. I might be getting one off someone else not sure yet

SVT Exhause Clarification

SVT Exhause Clarification

OK heres the deal, I found a 98 SVT exhaust from the cat to the tips for $20 and its not cut up,

I have a 95GL(Stock Single Exhaust) with a 2.5 will it fit correctly and is there anything else I may need?

OK heres the deal, I found a 98 SVT exhaust from the cat to the tips for $20 and its not cut up,

I have a 95GL(Stock Single Exhaust) with a 2.5 will it fit correctly and is there anything else I may need?

as posted previously in this thread .....

One more time:
98 SVT(E0) exhaust fits 95-(early)98 Contours/Mystiques
98.5+ SVT(E1) exhaust fits all years Contour/Mystique

From here:
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=27466&highlight=exhaust

Back