• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Data-logging Help

bhiggs89

Veteran CEG'er
I just started data-logging my car, Ive done some reading and I know what I'm supposed to data-log, but for some of the paramaters I dont understand exactly what they mean.

Like Injector Pulse Width, I did a 3rd Gear WOT pull, and the numbers I got ranged from 218 to 4244. What do those numbers mean? I looked up injector duty cycle and it says that the Injector Pulse width should be in milliseconds...Example is @ 5800 rpm the IPW is 3944, so what would the Duty Cycle be?

Also the Long Term Fuel Trim's, how are they measured? I just got 1.000 for the whole run?

Ive done some searching, and I havent really been able to find descriptions of what they are measuring?

Any Help is appreciated. Thanks

well thats just what it means, injector pulse width. I take it as its the length of time the injector fires. so at idle the number would be low and at wot its going to be high.

if the LTFT is 1 all the time it sounds like the self learning is turned off in the tune. This would be done so that datalogging can be done to fine tune the tune. then the learning can be turned back on and then you should be set to go.

so you know the past tuning history of the car?

The guy I bought it from installed the NPG kit and I believe he said that Warmonger tuned it, but I am not sure if they did datalogs or just used a regular tune..

If the Returnless Fuel Pump Duty Cycle is .9999998 @ WOT, would that mean that I am running out of fuel?

Also my 2 of my O2 sensors are only showing a max voltage @ .00293 and .45, respectively.

If the Returnless Fuel Pump Duty Cycle is .9999998 @ WOT, would that mean that I am running out of fuel?

Also my 2 of my O2 sensors are only showing a max voltage @ .00293 and .45, respectively.

not sure. what is your A/f ratio? that will tell you if your running out of fuel.

also which two sensors are reading this way? if they are the down stream sensors they could be turned off or have a bad mil-eliminator.

A/F is 14.5 @ WOT, it will dip down in the mid 13's for a second initially then stay at ~14.5...Very lean

The O2 sensors: (O2 senosr, Min, Max, Avg)

O2 Bank 1 Front - 0.000, 0.003, 0.000
O2 Bank 1 Rear - 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
O2 Bank 2 Front - 0.006, 0.990, 0.129
O2 Bank 2 Rear - 0.000, .459, 0.028

I have homemade MIL eliminators on both downstream O2 sensors, but it looks like I need to redo Bank 1

14.5 @ WOT? Yikes. its a 2000 so i wouldnt be surprised at all if the fuel pump is dead. if it is get the replacement updated unit from Ford, or install a Ford GT (the supercar) pump. the GT pump is actually a 265LPH returnless pump, while the Focus pump (some claim the SVTF got a different pump from the regular Focus but it didnt) is only a 155LPH pump.

Yes it stinks not being able to really drive my car...

When I bought the car, the previous owner had just installed a new stock fuel pump, and cleaned out all the socks and filters etc. It hasn't been 20K miles since that happened though.

Is the GT pump a "direct" swap?

i replaced the stock unit with the Fcous unit at one point and not 6 months later it was dead too, so i installed the updated assembly.

the GT pump is supposed to be pretty much a direct swap for the Focus with just a simple connector splice. since the Focus pump is a direct swap into the Contour the GT pump should be simple to install as well.

where is the a/f guage reading from? doesn't your car have stock pre-cats? or if its the one I'm thinking of it did. also it looks like you B1S1 O2 sensor isn't reading at all.

A/F bung is about a foot after the downpipe meets the rest of the exhaust. Its past the back of the subframe.

When I bought the car it still had the stock exhaust manifolds on, but we installed headers last summer.

Back