• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cruise control throttle cable needed and questions for 99 Ford Contour SE V6 2.5 VIN L Auto Transmission.

contourguy99

New CEG'er
Hi, I need cruise control throttle cable for a 1999 Ford Contour SE V6 2.5 VIN L Auto transmission. I was hopping some folks had them someone had one on here for a reasonable price. I believe the part number is F5RZ-9A820-C according to the links below. My questions are does this include the sleeve the wire is in and mine has a kink in the cable and keeps slipping off of the throttle. Is there another piece that that keeps the cable on the throttle if anyone else here has the same car can see or knows from experience such as a clip? Also does anyone refurbish these cables at a reasonable price. The cable does not have any frays its just got a couple cracks in the sleeve, a kink in the cable and the plastic piece pops off the throttle when it move in for some reason which is why I was asking if it has a clip that might be a separate part. It could be too my cable but I am not sure since I dont have another car to compare it too. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Back