• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

COUPON: $30 off when you buy a pair of GCK Axles

Status
Not open for further replies.

96BlackSE

CEG'er
Hi everyone,
Here is a coupon code for you to save some money on your next purchase for cv axles.

This is not really a group buy but a coupon code for any CEG member looking to buy some axles. Expiration date for the coupon is October 31st 2009

The coupon code is CEGSPECIAL and can be redeemed at www.axlesforless.com

Please enter in your CEG screenname during the checkout process!

If you have any questions or problems please let me know!

ENJOY!

So I have a question...

On the site's homepage it states the following below. So the axles for the Contour's are forged and both heat treated and cryo treated?? That's one helluva deal at $100 + shipping. Also for the limited lifetime warranty, if I snap one of these axles with a turbo'd tour will I get a replacement? With people saying they are using OEM axles on turbo cars and having fewer problems then aftermarket ones these have me intrigued. Especially since they are cryo treated.

intro.jpg

So I have a question...

On the site's homepage it states the following below. So the axles for the Contour's are forged and both heat treated and cryo treated?? That's one helluva deal at $100 + shipping. Also for the limited lifetime warranty, if I snap one of these axles with a turbo'd tour will I get a replacement? With people saying they are using OEM axles on turbo cars and having fewer problems then aftermarket ones these have me intrigued. Especially since they are cryo treated.

Great question! Even without the coupon, this seems like a killer deal.

Yes the axles are made using forged metal then heat and cryo treated.

The limited lifetime warranty as you can imagine isn't really for modified cars, its for manufacturing defects.

I use these axles on my car and after 3 years on the street and strip the drivers side decided to go at where the axle enters the differential after a run at the strip with way too much wheel hop.
When I had spoken to GCK engineers they told me that those are the weak spots for our axles and there is not much to improve unless you wanted to go extreme by enlarging the tranny housing where the the diff is and modify the diff and then build an axle with larger splines.

The thing with an axle as with any other part is that overtime when its being put through abuse the weakest link will just go and in some cases its better and less costly for an axle to break rather than a component inside the transmission to fail.

Also remember that these axles aren't marketed as "StageXXX" axles with enormous margins and false hopes and dreams, they are sold as high quality OE replacement units at a bargain price.

I am sure they won't let you down but if and when they do you can understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back