• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cougar snow tire sizes??

SVTandSRT

CEG'er
Does anyone happen to know what size snow tires to use? My fiance has a 2001 Cougar V6. I plan on buying a set of steel wheels to mount the tires on. I'll check discount tire and tirerack to see what they recommend,..but just thought I'd throw the question out here.

Thanks!

Does anyone happen to know what size snow tires to use? My fiance has a 2001 Cougar V6. I plan on buying a set of steel wheels to mount the tires on. I'll check discount tire and tirerack to see what they recommend,..but just thought I'd throw the question out here.

Thanks!

Use what will fit the wheel and be as thin as possible to cut through snow.

does the cougar have the same tire size as the SVT? I think that the standard 15" wheel size is 205/60R15 will work fine, this is what I have for snow tires

205/55/16 I think is my stock size on the Cougar.

Yeah the snow tires/steelies I got were originally on a certain green SVT :cool: So they fit well on both.

205/60/15 is definitely stock on 15" contour wheels. If he is buying 15" steelies for this cougar, I imagine he would go with the same size unless he can find something thinner.

That's wider than ideal though ;) Skinnier = deeper cutting for snow tires as mentioned before.

Meh - it is the same size tire as I run in the summer and that is all they had on the shelf. They cut and dig really well - so I'm not worried.

All this snow is foiling my plan to do some high speed drifting of the SVT on the lake....

Meh - it is the same size tire as I run in the summer and that is all they had on the shelf. They cut and dig really well - so I'm not worried.

All this snow is foiling my plan to do some high speed drifting of the SVT on the lake....

Just because they're safe cars doesn't mean you should try and roll it :laugh: :laugh:

Just because they're safe cars doesn't mean you should try and roll it :laugh: :laugh:

If I havn't rolled my truck doing it - I'm not worried about the SVT. I paid close attention to the way the lake froze this year - and it is absoutly perfect! I dont think I'll be able to do it this year anywase - there is way too much snow to drift in already - it is only going to get worse.

Back