• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cougar Injen Intake ???

ikaika808

CEG'er
I have searched here for the compatibility use of a Cougar Injen intake for a 2.5 and was wondering if some or any have ever used an aftermarket intake for the Cougar on a Contour SVT ??? Roland

since its the same engine and the same basic intake setup, it will work. But as noted it will need to be modified. The SVT has the IAT located in the accordian tube where as the cougar and non-SVT's have them mounted to the stock airbox.

Iat...

Iat...

BrApple , thats exactly what I was curious about... Will the different location of the IAT change the performance of the Contour in any way...??? Roland

Really?? You must be an engineer??

Probally close. The stock svt airbox with a K&N probally flows pretty good. The gains are so small with most CAI we all do it for looks. it's pretty well known in the fox world ( obviously EFI ) the stock air box with the silencer removed and K&N drop in was the best bang for the buck , years ago they did dyno test on various little mods and that was one of the results. still very little gains. a fender mount is better than having the filter in the engine bay but still i did a MAC fender mount on my stang for looks to go along with my motor, i did it in no way for any gains. even the march cai system couldn't provide the advertised gains in many dyno tests. has a stand alone mod, meh and even then. some cars get a slight bump because the thing is so restrictive from the start, I'm not convinced the contour is one of them.

Back