• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Meet in OC?

kw8z3boi

Veteran CEG'er
I know that there is a thread just like this but I'm just curious if there's anyone who live in Orange County that is interested for a meet. I live in westminster and I've seen a few contour but they're not customize just some old people driving it. So I'm just curious if there's anyone who's interested for a meet.

a backroad drive is when people drive on backroads.... basically like driving on roads that are on "initial D" but with no insane drifting and less cheesy japanese techno...

The SVTOA chapter I belonged to would cruise to that Auto Bat place in Westminster or where ever it is and make fun of the ricers every now and then and have lunch at the Red Robin there. I had the only Contour though. :cry: OC has some nice "back roads" like El Toro, Ortega Hwy and Santiago Canyon but they get pretty crowded just about every day of the week. :mad:
Karl

a backroad drive is when people drive on backroads.... basically like driving on roads that are on "initial D" but with no insane drifting and less cheesy japanese techno...

The SVTOA chapter I belonged to would cruise to that Auto Bat place in Westminster or where ever it is and make fun of the ricers every now and then and have lunch at the Red Robin there. I had the only Contour though. :cry: OC has some nice "back roads" like El Toro, Ortega Hwy and Santiago Canyon but they get pretty crowded just about every day of the week. :mad:
Karl

Hey what did you mean about the Contour at Super Autobacs?

Oh really? Me too I showed up to every single event that I know.
What events and who put them on? You know, the SVTOA/LA/OC chapter was out of Westminster at Sunset Ford. It would have been nice to have had another Contour member all the years I was the only one. I tried many times to get the guys in this California branch to come to the events/car shows/cruises/etc. but no one ever did.
Karl

Oh ... I live 3 min from the Sunset Ford. I think I'm interested.
Well, I said WAS out of Sunset. We disbanded two months ago due to lack of involvement. Out of about 150 members, only a dozen or so of us would show up for meetiings so we called it a day. We'll still have the car show in November but most of us joined Beach Cities Mustang Club (2 years free) even though we don't all have Cobras. There's still the other SVTOALA chapter out of Mission Hills but that's too far for me to drive all the time. Sunset was bad enough at 35 miles. I think my SVTOA membership has lapsed by now and I don't know if I'm going to re-up or not.
Karl

When people bought a new SVT vehicle they were given a free year's membership to SVTOA. Once that free year was up, most people just let the membership lapse because they couldn't justify the $40/year expense. There is also the possibility that they bought their car not because they were a car guy/gal but because it was "cute" or some other silly reason so for them a membership wasn't necessary. Like I said, we had about 150 members but most of them weren't active, nor did they have current SVTOA dues paid up. We had a phone drive where we called people in our area codes to see if they'd renew their memberships but that didn't go too well. I don't think that SVTOA national ever really recognized our chapter. Even the regional SVTOA representative didn't really take us too seriously. A few times we were left out of the SVT publication. I think the writing was on the wall last year that we weren't long for this world. So, rather than put off the inevitable, we just pulled the plug.
Karl

Back