• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

coil overs

newb

Hard-core CEG'er
ok so im looking into running coil overs cause i want a little more performance and bring the car down a little more.

can i run a kit(minus struts of course) from a honda or something? since i see these things for 300 for all four corners and i would be installing koni's . thx guys.

thank you mr.experts lol. i guess ill see if anyone has a ground contol or koni kit used forsale. thx guys for answering my question so fast.

well then thats not too spendy, ill just buy new lol, i(for some stupid reason) thought it was per corner, maybe casue i see everyonne complain about the price... idk, but thx :)

well then thats not too spendy, ill just buy new lol, i(for some stupid reason) thought it was per corner, maybe casue i see everyonne complain about the price... idk, but thx :)

They complain about the price because you have to use them with a strut that can handle the increased spring rate. I've not seen anyone use anything but Koni's...so add the price of 4 new KOni's in there as well...

on GC website thy do give you the option to use with stock struts.

i may install them on my stock struts till i need new ones and then install them on the koni's

i'm sure ill get flamed big time for that choice, but hey, if they make it one more summer ill be happy.

you cant do that as the Konis actually use just a slightly smaller diameter tube for the strut. if you use GCs that fit stock struts the threaded sleeve will be too large for the Konis (and GCs for Konis wont fit over stock struts). all other aftermarket struts (except the Konis obviously) use the same size tube as stock though.

so, is there any aftermarket struts, that have the same size as stock, that offer the adjustability of koni's?

Back