• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

code checker

what would be the best DIY way to check codes? I called the local parts store and ammco, They have the "Free" check, But its not free, they tack on extra cost and , Its a scam.

Is there a way i can do it myself with a jumper wire? what am i looking for ? counting blinks? blink patterns?

I am getting about 8 mpg right now.....eh

thanks

autozone o'reileys and advance usually will read your codes for your for free no scam... no auto shop or gas station will do that. you can buy a code reader for all obd2 cars (96+) for $40-$50 at walmart.... no way to jumper new cars that was mainly obd1 GM products and cheap obd1 ford code readers you would count the flashes....

hope that helps might also find someone on here neaby willing to read your codes for you.

here in cali those auto parts store, Make you fill out all your personal info and make a appointment and drive your car and crap. Its not as simple as one would think. Its not a walk outside to the parking lot and check them, its the fill out all this paper and pay them money for 1 hour of service and the scam is free.

SCAM

OBD2 sucks monkey balls

check ebay, i'm sure you can find a good cheap code reader there for sure... I have a used one... I may be thinking about selling it depends on the upcoming finances and if i can afford a new one.

Back