• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clay Bar

Goonz SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
I used up all the clay bar Zaino had provided me, and let me say I REALLY used up both bars, they are like black at the moment lol. Anywho my question is, is there anyway i can purchase just clay bars by itself, like maybe in a bulk? I tried ebay but I didnt really try all that hard looking, thanks

Maybe you can find a detail supply shop locally. I found one here the other week, is just a huge empty building with nothing but shelves of detailing products. It some brand I havent heard of (mainly commercial), and everything comes in huge jugs (expensive) so I didnt get anything. Had 2 or 3 different types of clay, and that you could buy in single bars or bulk. I dont think you will see much of a difference between Zaino clay and some other brand. Maybe you can find somewhere like this.

I havent used the Zaino clay bar before so I cant compare. The only 2 clay bars I have ever used was a Mothers clay bar when I first started out and now I use Griot's Clay. It comes in a container and has a good amount in it. You just pull off what you need, store the unused portion, and throw away your nasty stuff when done. I have gone through 2-3 of these containers in the last 5 years. I usually clay 1-2 times a year. Depending on how bored I get :)

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1004&SKU=11153

Hope this helps.

Walmart, Kmart, Any Auto parts store....

I've used both the Mothers and Meguires and theres no noticable difference to me.

Griots!

Griots!

With the Griots clay bar you get alot more clay, period. One thing to keep in mind with their product is that you'll need to wear gloves to use it, its just the way it is but I'll tell you this, I've used Mequiars and Clay Magic and Griots bar just picks up that much more, plus you get more. Their clay bar is about $20.00 for I think 220 grams.

www.griotsgarage.com

thanks rodger! i believe im done for the season, only car left is mine before we shut off all the water for outside. I'll def. keep that in mind for next season when I really advertise my side business.

porter cable is def. at the top of the list to but for those big cars. I enjoy buffing with my hand on smaller cars like the SLK benz and the Z06

If you invest in a small propane torpedo heater you can do cars in your garage over the winter:idea:

Rodger, i cant because the water for the outside will be shut off since it shares the water meter along with the sprinklers. My garage is heated, just dont have a way of washing. Plus the I hate being cold, so washing cars and etc will not sit well with me in the cold :)

Back