• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

chromes vs. E0's

chromes vs. E0's

• stick with the chromes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • buy the E0's and sell the chromes

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
So i have to opportunity of buying a set of E0's from someone local. I dont really like E0's (kind of boring), but problem is, i also dotn like the chrome wheels my car came with. see below:

DSCN1504.jpg

so should i stick with what I got or get the E0's and sell the chromes and put the extra money towards fixing my aging suspension?

Sell the "chromes", find some nice rims cheap(classifieds?), lower it, and wet sand those headlights!:laugh:

ok before everyone gets on me for the headlights, these are old pictures, i have since wetsanded them and they look much better

Sell the "chromes", find some nice rims cheap(classifieds?), lower it, and wet sand those headlights!:laugh:

only problem with this is that i need my car like every day, so i would need a set of wheels on the car while i'll try to selll the chromes. I would like some new aftermarket wheels but i really need new struts and such. I dont want to spend my money there, but i need to

Chrome and silver dont go well. Especially ugly chrome :laugh:

E1s would be nice, E0's arent bad. I guess if you'll get wheels in the future, who cares right :shrug:

ok i didnt need much convincing. I'm getting the E0's next weekend and selling the chromes. Hopefully I'll have enough money to get some new wheels once spring rolls around.

So my next question is, where is the best place to sell the chromes (I'm sure I wont get any interest on CEG). Ebay? Craigs list? Other car forums? All of the above?

sell the chromes and by the wheels in the for sale section that are a 17'' version of E1's. i forget there name but they are exactly the same just bigger.

Keep the E0's. I loved mine when I still had my SVT. If I ever get into another on it's either going to be an E0 or I'm purchasing E0's to put on an E1. That's just my opinion though.

Its funny how the majority of CEG are not fans of chrome, IMHO they like great on T-reds and Black. I think Bagged and myself are the only ones that have chrome on their CSVT's. Now I have E0's and Chrome's and when I drive around I get more looks when I have my chrome's on than the E0's. Here's some pic's of my ride with both rims,:
1001746dk0.jpg

1002000de8.jpg

Now to me its more about what type of look you are going for, if autocross is your thing, yes the black out rims would be the way to go or the dull sliver look. If the pop/bling effect is the way you want you may need a high polished sliver or chrome look. Its all about your taste and style

Its funny how the majority of CEG are not fans of chrome...]
There's nary a performance car that comes with chrome wheels. Probably weight has something to do with it. With our cars, the majority of the owners desire a "sleeper" look which gets ruined with the addition of wings and chrome wheels and such and which no doubt subtract performance rather than augment it. IMHO of course.
Karl

Get rid of those ugly things. I personally think the E1's are better looking than the E0's though. Maybe replace them with the FSVT 17" rims.

Surprising how chromelike polished aluminum can appear, isn't it? Those are the optional wheels to their regular aluminum versions.
Karl
According to the product info the rims are full chrome not polished aluminum. Chrome is always offered as a option on sport/performance cars, so in the end its a matter of taste and not industry standards.

According to the product info the rims are full chrome not polished aluminum. Chrome is always offered as a option on sport/performance cars, so in the end its a matter of taste and not industry standards.
Hmm, well I looked at the Corvette literature and they only mentioned polished aluminum as an option except on the Z06 which comes with one choice. Having said that, if chrome is an option, then it's on the driver to add the excess weight and not the manufacturer so I think I can still say that nary a performance car comes with chrome standard but you have to add it as an ill advised from a performance standpoint option. :laugh:
Karl

get rid of those chromes. fugly. contours are FUGLY with chrome. i have hi-polished rims which are the bomb. chrome doesnt look right.

Back