• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check the parts in my shopping cart before I submit this order

Rishodi

CEG'er
I need to replace all four struts on my CSVT due to noticeable wear, and for all I know they may be original after 218K miles. The spark plugs also need to be replaced as they've hit their intended life of 100K miles. My intent as always on maintenance items is to get the best value I can find while maintaining OEM quality as a minimum. Since this is the priciest work I've needed to do in quite a while, I'd appreciate a quick sanity check on my parts list before I hit submit (right part #s, decent price, etc).

I know I could save some money buying some off-brand strut mounts for half the price instead, but I've generally found it worthwhile to pay a little extra for Moog quality. I also realize that I'll need a spring compressor to install the struts, and I'm planning on renting one from a local AutoZone or some such.

Thanks for any feedback!

2YiSl.png

That's a lot for those strut bellows...those are just the rubber dust shields. Are your stockers in that bad of shape?

That's a lot for those strut bellows...those are just the rubber dust shields. Are your stockers in that bad of shape?

$15/each for the strut bellow & bumper is pretty typical from what I've seen. The cheapest option I've found is on RockAuto for KYB bellows @ $12/each. Do you know of a better price/value elsewhere?

To answer your question, they actually might be in decent shape right now. However, considering their age, for the marginal extra cost I prefer to replace them. I plan to keep driving this car for a while yet. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Also will need a UIM gasket when you do the spark plugs... idk its needed..but definately a good idea.. also your TB will come off so a gasket there possibly as well.

Back