• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Changing the color of a CSVT?

I like blue, but they didn't come in blue, I know it wasn't an original color, but would I be ridiculed for doing something like this to a CSVT? Not like it couldn't be changed back or anything. And I know it's my car do what I want. But just curious to what others opinions would be if they seen someone change the color of such a car.

And be honest, I can handle it. :cool:

There is one guy who painted his Pearl White, looked pretty good.

I would say it would depend on the color of blue you choose.

it looks good. This is tigerbalms SVT.
DSC01066.jpg

1011080919a.jpg

DragonRun08006.jpg

Respray

Respray

I was thinking of painting mine Mazda 3 Blue/ 350Z/ or 08 WRX blue, but ended up going with Black with blue pearl, the car was originally black, by adding pearl to the original base color, you avoid having to paint the door jams. I dont know if your painting it youself or not, but its just a suggestion.

Well the car posted above looks like the color i would do if I do it, Ford Moonlight Blue which is the same color as my F150. And the pics of that car confirmed how I thought it would look. :laugh:

l_6b51d9ef103aba7cdbfd3a0f8d354bba.jpg

You would only be rediculed if you didnt do it right and paint the door jams, etc. I have nothing against a color change as long as its done right.

I think DavidZ painted his Civic SI blue but that was ages ago and I doubt anyone has any pics.

95Mid was one of the originals here. He was the first one to put an SVT rear bumper on a pre 98. I don't have any pictures. There were some in the old forums but the old forums still aren't working.

i have a picture of a ford racing svt contour thats painted ford blue. its on my laptop. i'll post it later tonight

95Mid was one of the originals here. He was the first one to put an SVT rear bumper on a pre 98. I don't have any pictures. There were some in the old forums but the old forums still aren't working.
is this it:shrug:

Attachments

• all most mine.jpg
    all most mine.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
Man that blue se :drool:

I keep thinking of adding an svt rear bumper to my 97 se. :crazy:

I seen what appeared to be a Sonic Blue (ish) colored SVT last summer/fall. Looked very hot in person...dunno who it was.

Back