• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Certified

mzracer360

Veteran CEG'er
I have already posted this in south Central, but am also posting here since Certified Transmission is also located in this region.

Has anyone gone to Certified Transmission to have their tranny replaced? :help:

On December 26th I took my car there to have it checked out. After getting a second opinion, I decided to take it back to them on January 2nd to have my tranny replaced with a remanufactured transmission; mine had overheated causing internal damage. They told me the tranny was located in Omaha, Nebraska and that they'd have it shipped and then installed by Friday, January 5th. So, on Friday I called them to see what’s going on with my car. They told me that now it wouldn't be done until Wednesday the 10th. :shrug: Wednesday I call them back and they said they had to order more parts and that it would be done by Friday. :shocked: So yesterday, the 12th, over a week later. I had my mom call and they said it won't be done until Monday now. :mad:

It's going to cost me $2,649 for it and the parts they had to replace from being melted to the tranny. :cry: I'll be getting a 5 year / 50,000 mile warrenty along with it.

I have already posted this in south Central, but am also posting here since Certified Transmission is also located in this region.

Has anyone gone to Certified Transmission to have their tranny replaced? :help:

On December 26th I took my car there to have it checked out. After getting a second opinion, I decided to take it back to them on January 2nd to have my tranny replaced with a remanufactured transmission; mine had overheated causing internal damage. They told me the tranny was located in Omaha, Nebraska and that they'd have it shipped and then installed by Friday, January 5th. So, on Friday I called them to see what’s going on with my car. They told me that now it wouldn't be done until Wednesday the 10th. :shrug: Wednesday I call them back and they said they had to order more parts and that it would be done by Friday. :shocked: So yesterday, the 12th, over a week later. I had my mom call and they said it won't be done until Monday now. :mad:

It's going to cost me $2,649 for it and the parts they had to replace from being melted to the tranny. :cry: I'll be getting a 5 year / 50,000 mile warrenty along with it.

How did your Tranny over heat? Completly Run it out of fluid?
for 2600 it better be a BRAND NEW TRANSMISSION!

****, if its a MTX ive got one in my Garage you could have, so you wouldnt have to pay that outragous amount of money!

Back