• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Center center muffler or Center offset muffler

fordman302

Hard-core CEG'er
Well im building a custom exhaust save me a few from buying a Trubendz..
Im going with a Borla Muffler but should i do a center center or a center offset

Joe:
I'm also doing a custom exhaust and I recently started a topic of the same question. Borla ProXS is an awesome street muffler---had them on 2 Cobras and I highly recommend them.
To answer the question, the stock resonator is O/C and what I've been told this is what to order and what I will be ordering. A custom shop will be able to make it work, good luck.
-J

I was also looking at the Borla ProXS in a center offset style thats what i want correct?.
And then im doing to magnaflow 14827's on the rear..
Should sound good..But i think it will be too quite..

Joe, yep you want Borla ProXS 40358. Look at Wicked Nickey performance exhaust---69.00. Best price by far I could find and Summit might price match for you.
Also, check this out: http://store.edelbrock.com/304stainlessseriesrpmmufflers.aspx
Edelbrock clearance mufflers---I just found these tonight from a tip by another forum and ordered a SS 2.5" O/C RPM for $30!
Edelbrocks listed above are straight through like Borla/Magnaflow but they changed to a new chambered Flowmaster-style design so these must be on clearance.
I figure if I don't like it I can order the Borla I planned on and sell it for the same.
Last, I am doing the same by having a local custom place I use do the exhaust. They might be able to beat the Truebenz tubing price---just FYI, I'd ask them first.
Later man, J

Back