• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Catalytic and oxygen sensor question

ilovesvt

Veteran CEG'er
So i think my pre cats are gutted,im assuming because both my o2 codes are on after the cats and my main cat is deleted from previous owner,my question is can i just put a magnaflow high flow real cat with a o2 bung in it where the main cat goes and stick a o2 in the cat where the bung is then weld another bung after that main cat and extend the o2 wires so i have both o2 sensors working or do i seriously have to get new precats ?

I actually want to put a main cat back on just for the environment lol and also i have no reason to be catless i dont race or speed and it seems to take away some normal acceleration and just wanted to see if i could get away with putting the o2 sensors behind the main cat when i put it on ?

there should be two sensors that need to be before the cat(assuming v6) one for the front manifold and one for the rear and one/two after the cat (not sure on how many on the v6).
so you can just put the two upstream back in the manifolds and put the downstream in the exhaust pipe right after the highflow you plan on putting in.

yea cool,i just wanted to see if i did put the 2 oxygen sensors after the main cat would the computer know or would it be fine didnt know how it worked since its further from the manifold could it detect it not being as hot as if it were closer lol but i guess ill give it a shot

Back