• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cat back opinions/suggestions

just had my csvt up in the air, at the shop now, and my flex pipe is gone and the rest of the exhaust is pretty much rusted through:nonono:. how bad is it cost wise, or availability for the flex pipe. (is it a specific csvt part or a general 2.5L contour part?)

ive heard the borla cat back vids and i think its too raspy but if its cheaper than the stock replacement ill go for it.

thanks for any of the opinions/suggestions i appreciate it

Borla is no longer available unless you luck out and buy one used (like I did...$400).

Best bet is to buy used from the classifieds on here. Quite often see SVT cat-backs go for $150...used stock y-pipes for $50. The flex pipe is an expensive piece you can pick up off ebay or Autozone for $100.

From there everything gets expensive. Do some reading/searching on this site, and you'll get an idea of whats available and the costs. But you will save much $$$ by doing some research on here and doing everything yourself. Exhaust replacement is real easy...

I just sold a Bassani cat back for about 300 keep an eye on the classifiesds and buy a nice used cat back! Why get a pos used stock system or spend money to fab one or fix ur old one.. Send a little now your car will thank u later!

thanks for the advice guys .. and my b for posting in the wrong section

i know someone at the local dealership who found me a flex pipe so i'll see how it goes from there if i get it tomorrow.

ill keep cruising the classifieds

thanks again

Back