• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbondale Storm Totaled my Car

SalukiSVT

New CEG'er
Last friday my car got absolutly destroyed by the hail storm in carbondale. The windshield was cracked and every part of my car is dented. I just talked to my insurance agent and he told me that the car is totaled. He is going to give me $4,000. It's a 2000 svt with 82,000 miles. The car runs amazing. He said that i will have the option to buy it back. Thank GOD!!!! I just had the clutch replaced. I can't imagine owning another car. I have a couple questions.

1. Any suggestions on how to get dents out of a car.

2. Any body know where i can buy a contour windshield for cheap?

3. If a car is totaled. Can i still get liability coverage for it?

Thanks for the help,

Steve

Oh man, I feel for you. Being in Evansville, the So. Ill. storms did not miss me by much.

That is one thing that sucks about the value of the SVT's being low. You can't find a replacement with near the driving enjoyment for that #. I would suggest PDR as well to see what they might be able to do. It will likely add up pretty quickly however. I had several accumulated dings taken out of my car last summer. It was done at a bodyshop (they contract with a PDR guy to come in and do it). I believe it cost like 250 or so to remove 5 or 6 dents. They did a great job though and it does make a difference in the overall presentation of your car. If you have a ton of dents from the hail, PDR may not be an option either though.

i've heard it was really bad up there. i live in southeast MO and it got pretty rough here we didn't get any hail, just a bunch of downed trees. if you don't mind the drive there is a place in Cape called Maverick Glass. they do good work for decent prices. i've had side glass, and windsheilds done at their poplar bluff shop and i've always been happy. as far as your dent problem check out http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=2603&itemType=PRODUCT
from eastwood co. my dad has something like this and it works really well. plus it costs less that what it would take to replace your hood. once i called a reputable guy about having 14 dents pulled from that roof and trunk of my SHO and he quoted me almost $200. so it might be worth it, also if it does good you could make some cash on the side pulling dents for others.

i know this post is a little old but i would think replacing the hood and trunk would be much more cost effective than getting the dents pulled. heck i got a post 98 trunk for my 97 for free it just needed to be painted.

Back