• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can use an Xcal 1 on my 3.0 CSVT

LLADNAR

CEG'er
Well my work is trying to get rid of a new blank Xcal 1 and they will sell it to me cheap. so my question is can i use it,, and how can i use it. do i have to basically use it for a dyno tune or is there somewhere that i can get a premade program for a 3.0 CSVT with #19 injectors.

thanks for any input in advance

read these for the differences between the Xcal1 and Xcal2

link 1

link 2

sounds like they do the same thing but the Xcal2 lets you adjust parameters, data log and clear DTC ...

read these for the differences between the Xcal1 and Xcal2

link 1

link 2

sounds like they do the same thing but the Xcal2 lets you adjust parameters, data log and clear DTC ...

thanks for the info,, it seems like the xcal2s features that everyone loves are ones that i really don't need,, i won't be changing parameters all the time,, don't care about code reading or changing tire size and axle ratio.

but will the xcal 1 be able to shut off the secondaries,, cause i removed them and it is throwing a cel for them so as long as i can have that programmed out with the xcal 1 i will be good

but will the xcal 1 be able to shut off the secondaries,, cause i removed them and it is throwing a cel for them so as long as i can have that programmed out with the xcal 1 i will be good

I would think that that would all be within the tune ... but I am sure warmonger can answer that one better then I can ...

Back