• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can anyone identify springs with a pic?

Berkel

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey guys I bought these last fall, grinded all the rust down and repainted them for the hell of it

I was told they were Eibach Sportlines (the slammed eibachs).. but after looking through the forums.. I haven't seen anyone with sportlines on their SVT and I'm just hoping these are the ones I thought they were :shrug:

spring1c.jpg

initial base coat after taking off the rust (just showing they were red before :p)

cameraawesomephoto.jpg

final

The BAT Sport Springs with ~ 1 inch lowering are painted that color. Look for a painted-on black label on the springs. My BAT springs were painted that color and had "SPAX" painted on them followed by several digits (don't recall the exact numbers).

were they always red?
eibachs arent red, h&r springs are, b&g

My car has a bat kit on it and they are red. I also have a set of intrax springs that are red and they are clearly marked intrax on each spring. BTW I looked up h&r on google and the pics I saw looked black...maybe they had different versions for our car? The b&g's were red like you said.

were they always red?
eibachs arent red, h&r springs are, b&g
i believe so, i bought them from a user on here but I was still unsure :shrug:

Eibach Sportlines are always red, everyone on here has the prokits so they're black. Supposedly the sportlines are another 0.5" lower than the prokits.

Obviously I won't find any markings on these, they were completely rusted out so I grinded the rust down and painted over everything.

I have BAT springs now, so I'd be pretty upset if I paid money to get these springs on, only to see no difference at all :)

Here are some B&G springs that were red that I coated black. Just based off the coil counts compared to your pics, you don't have B&G springs there.

car227.jpg

car216.jpg

Brian, your H&R springs have a different coil count than the ones I posted for the rears :confused:.......

Brian, your H&R springs have a different coil count than the ones I posted for the rears :confused:.......
weird :D

my front's still look different than anything posted. They have that 2 step (3 close coils and 3 farther apart coils) like the rears, whereas none of these do.

maybe the design changed? They where nib when I got and installed them. Ride height is identical to my SVT that has had H&R springs for years now.

have you looked at the BAT catolog? they look like BAT springs to me ....
nope not BAT.. I have BAT's now. BAT's have equal spacing between coils on the front springs. The ones in my pic definitely have 3 coils close together and 3 coils further apart

I guess they really might be Eibach Sportlines.. I just can't believe not a single person has put them on an SVT.

These sportlines have the same style, different car though

33563124015_large.jpg

------------------

On a side note.. I'd been having some vibration and leaking issues with my winter tires

I was heading back to Toledo today to change them when I got home

and blew one of the tires at 75mph today :shocked:

I waited one day too long to swap these stupid wheels :laugh:

photonye.jpg

swapped the spare, turned a 3 hour drive into a 4 hour drive since I stayed around 55mph

but here we are :cool:
photo1ic.jpg

Those definitely look like BAT springs to me. I'll dig up a picture of mine when I get home.

Nice picture with the Enkei's. I've seen a few other pictures of that wheel and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not.

Those definitely look like BAT springs to me. I'll dig up a picture of mine when I get home.

Nice picture with the Enkei's. I've seen a few other pictures of that wheel and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not.
thanks man :)

and I know they're similar, but they're not BATs

look at the fronts, the equal spacing between coils. I "HAVE" BAT's on my car now guys, these are different ;)

bateurokit.jpg

cameraawesomephoto.jpg

and the most notable thing.. the BAT's upper coil (front springs) has a smaller diameter than the rest

I keep waiting for someone to say these aren't SVT springs.. though I trust the CEGer that sold them to me. :crazy:

I still believe these are the eibach sportlines that no one has on these forums.. but I'm getting scared to spend a couple hundred bucks on springs that aren't any lower :laugh: Oh well. You live you learn.

Worst comes to worst, I'll have pictures in May. $200 isn't much.

A few years ago I was looking for Eibachs for my '98 SE and I couldn't find Sportlines anywhere. I don't think they were ever offered for 98+ and I'm unsure if they ever were for '95-97 models. I'd be kicking myself in the butt right now if they did... For S&G's I checked Eibach's website and they don't even show any springs for Contours anymore :/

Ok here is a pic of my front bat springs that I just took off my car and sold.....

http://

and they rode fine just not low enough in the front for me.

A few years ago I was looking for Eibachs for my '98 SE and I couldn't find Sportlines anywhere. I don't think they were ever offered for 98+ and I'm unsure if they ever were for '95-97 models. I'd be kicking myself in the butt right now if they did... For S&G's I checked Eibach's website and they don't even show any springs for Contours anymore :/
A few months ago I was browsing Eibach's website and they had specs for the prokit and the sportlines for the contour SVT. Something like 1.4" for the pro-kit and ~2.0 for the sportlines (not there now). One or two guys on here have posted pics of SE's running sportlines and they weren't low at all.. which is contradictory to sportlines being lower than the pro-kits. It doesn't make sense.

I appreciate the help guys. These will be installed in May, so I guess judgment day is then!

Ok here is a pic of my front bat springs that I just took off my car and sold.....

http://

and they rode fine just not low enough in the front for me.
thanks for the pic, my BAT's looks just like that, glad I'm not going crazy :)

Back