• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

California Emissions

ilive4sports

Hard-core CEG'er
So my family is moving out to the Sacramento area at the end on the month. Im not as i start college at PSU the day before and my car is going to stay in the great state of Pennsylvania with me. But my dad's mustang has a custom exhaust that in no way would pass an emissions test here let alone in Cali. But here the law is if you dont surpass 5,000 miles in a year you are exempt from the test, which has happened since the exhaust went on. My question is does California have a similar law when it comes to mileage? Or is it no matter how much you drive you need to pass it? Honestly the car will see the road more as it will be good weather year round so I dont know if it will even matter. Just curious.

Thanks

So my family is moving out to the Sacramento area at the end on the month. Im not as i start college at PSU the day before and my car is going to stay in the great state of Pennsylvania with me. But my dad's mustang has a custom exhaust that in no way would pass an emissions test here let alone in Cali. But here the law is if you dont surpass 5,000 miles in a year you are exempt from the test, which has happened since the exhaust went on. My question is does California have a similar law when it comes to mileage? Or is it no matter how much you drive you need to pass it? Honestly the car will see the road more as it will be good weather year round so I dont know if it will even matter. Just curious.

Thanks

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm

Back